High-Quality Pest Control In Golden, CO
With a name like Golden, it’s no surprise that this now bustling city was once a capital of the gold rush. Given the city’s historic roots, it’s now chock full of museums, sites, and intriguing attractions, like the Coors Brewery and the Mines Museum of Earth Science. And with the added benefit of being just miles from Denver, people from many backgrounds look to make Golden home. Unfortunately, so do pests. That’s why Advantage Pest Management is dedicated to keeping pests off of your property regardless of the season. Our motto is, “High-quality service without exception,” and we strive to bring this mindset to every customer we service. For more information or to receive your free quote, please contact us today.
Residential Pest Control In Golden, CO
As a homeowner in Golden, protecting your property from pests is one of the most important things you can do. And at Advantage Pest Management, it’s our job to help you through this process. When you contact our team, one of our expertly trained technicians will come to observe your property for either a current infestation or any other activity that you may not be aware of. From there, we work to customize a treatment for your home. Some things that this might include are granular treatments on shrubs or treating baseboards and high traffic areas. Once this process is through, we never force customers into a service plan contract; however, we do offer bi-monthly, summer, and March through October treatments for the customer who wants to take no chances. For more information on how Advantage Pest Management can help keep your home pest-free, contact us today.
Commercial Pest Control In Golden, CO
Your business is your livelihood and at Advantage Pest Management, it’s our job to help you protect it from seasonal invaders. Our company was founded on the premise of always being able to offer both high-quality pest control and customer service so that you’re always receiving the absolute best. From start to finish, we work alongside business owners to develop treatment and service plans that are suited to your unique needs.
We’re backed by the principles of Integrated Pest Management, which means that we apply minimal chemicals and look to actually understand why an infestation is happening, rather than simply cover it up. Our customers also appreciate our work because of our affiliations with the Colorado Department of Agriculture, CPCA, NPMA, and the Rodent Standard Certification. Since 2014, we’ve been dedicated to educating ourselves and always bringing commercial customers the most reliable services around. Keep your home pest-free with Advantage Pest Management; contact us today for more information about commercial pest control!
Why Golden Homeowners Should Consider Rodent Control
Rodent control is one of the most important things that Golden homeowners can do to protect themselves and their homes. Some of the reasons why this is so vital are:
- Rodents, primarily mice, start by chewing at the cracks in your home’s foundation in order to make them large enough to squeeze through. That is unless they can’t squeeze through already. This is a problem worth noting because it makes way for other pests like ticks, spiders, and cockroaches to enter your home as well. Rats tend to climb more to gain access to your home, which means that you should pay very close attention to the length of your tree branches and where they fall in relation to your home.
- Once inside your property, rodents breed incessantly. This means that you could have a full-blown infestation in a matter of months. So it’s very rare that you have just one mouse or rat plaguing your home.
- Rodents will also proceed to chew and gnaw at the wood around your home and possibly build nests inside your walls. In order to do this, they also tear apart clothing items that they need for the nest. Sometimes rodents will also chew on electrical wires, which can lead to house fires.
- And then there are the health risks. Rodents can spread a multitude of dangerous pathogens that lead to things like hantavirus, salmonellosis, and rat-bite fever, all through their droppings, urine, and saliva, which they leave on countertops or pantry items while scavenging.
For the best protection against rodents and the issues they cause, contact Advantage Pest Management today.
Four Simple Ways To Keep Hornets & Wasps Away From Your Golden Property
Wasps and hornets can ruin your outdoor gathering in Golden in an instant. Here are four simple tips for keeping them away:
- Store your sweet foods properly. These stinging insects want all of your ice cream and soda, so always make sure that nothing is left out uncovered and that you always use a trash bin with a secure lid.
- Remove old nests. While wasps and hornets won’t reuse old nests, it’s a good way for them to assess if the area is still an attractive place to build a new nest.
- Consider the things you plant. Things like geranium, rosemary, citronella, and clove are considered to be natural repellents.
- Call the professionals. These pests are highly aggressive and their stings can be deadly, so they should not be handled by the average homeowner. That’s why it’s always a good idea to call a professional exterminator for the removal of a nest or for proactive care.
For more information on how Advantage Pest Management can keep your property clear of stinging insects, contact us today.
What To Do If You're Seeing Ants In The Kitchen In Golden
Do you see ants in your kitchen? These tiny invaders can cause many issues, from rendering our food unsafe to spreading pathogens.
If they are a problem, the following steps can help effectively address the problem:
- Identify the source: Where are your ants coming from? Locate their entry points, seal them, and look for the factors that attract them, like food spillages, dirty dishes, crumbs, and other attractants.
- Clean your home thoroughly: Clean all surfaces in the kitchen, including countertops and floors. It is a necessary part of a successful ant removal strategy. Wipe away food residues, disinfect surfaces, and try to keep leftovers in the fridge at all times.
- Seal entry points: Sealing access points is essential once you spot them. Use appropriate materials, from caulk to door sweeps, to close off openings letting pests in. Pay special attention to doors and windows, and regularly check walls and your foundation to ensure they are in good shape.
- Store food safely: Use airtight containers, clean your kitchen after cooking and eating, use sturdy bags or boxes for pantry items, etc. Cockroaches are skilled at accessing food even if we think it is out of their reach.
If you have a persistent infestation, Advantage Pest Management can help eradicate and prevent ants from returning.
Call us today to learn more prevention strategies and discover ant treatment options that are safe and effective.
Common Spiders Found In Golden Yards
Many spider species are essential to Golden's ecosystem but might venture into your home where they aren't welcome.
Here are five types of spiders in Golden you might encounter:
- Black widow spiders: You can recognize them by their shiny black bodies and the red hourglass on the underside of the abdomen. This species is highly venomous. They prefer dark, isolated areas like woodpiles and basements.
- Funnel weavers: This spider constructs funnel-shaped webs you usually spot in bushes. They are brown or gray and generally harmless to us.
- Orb weavers: Orb weavers are vibrantly colored spiders that create large circular webs to catch insects. They are usually beneficial outdoors and help control insect populations.
- Woodlouse spiders: Often mistaken for brown recluse spiders, these are not dangerous to humans. They primarily feed on small insects.
Most spiders in Golden are harmless and contribute positively to our environment.
Still, if they get inside your home and start building sticky webs, or if you encounter potentially dangerous species, professional spider control in Golden, CO, is the safest way to remove them safely. Contact our Advantage Pest Management experts today to make your home spider-free for good.
The Damage Silverfish Can Cause To Paper And Fabrics In Golden
Silverfish are common pests in the area. Unfortunately, they can cause significant damage if you let them multiply. These small and wingless insects love dark environments and high humidity, making many homes susceptible to infestations.
There, they usually feed on paper and fabrics. They prefer starchy substances like wallpaper paste and book bindings. Everything from your books to your clothes could be vulnerable to their destructive feeding habits.
Over time, they will leave behind irregular holes in paper materials, which could be a non-issue for magazines you aren't attached to but could be a big problem if they get into valuable documents and photographs or expensive clothes.
And finally, silverfish are rapid breeders, and their infestations can quickly grow in size. Fortunately, regular inspections and prevention strategies can help mitigate the risk of damage.
If these shiny insects have taken over your home, call Advantage Pest Management today to schedule an initial inspection with a silverfish pest control in Golden who can assess the situation.
Why Cockroaches In Golden Are A Dangerous And Difficult Pest
Cockroaches are dangerous and difficult pests. Here's why:
- Cockroaches carry pathogens: A roach infestation can cause severe health issues for humans. They can contaminate everything from food to surfaces with their feces and more with dangerous illnesses like salmonella.
- Cockroaches are resistant to many common pest products: On top of many treatments being no match for these unhygienic invaders, roaches are highly adaptable and thrive in many environments, from homes to commercial spaces and sewers. Golden's warm climate also provides an ideal breeding ground for these scavengers.
- Cockroaches are skilled at hiding: They are great at sneaking into tight spaces, making it challenging to locate and eradicate them and their nests. And since they are primarily nocturnal, you might only see them once the infestation is advanced.
- Cockroaches can cause property damage: They can get into electrical wiring and insulation, posing fire hazards and requiring costly repairs.
The best way to combat cockroach infestations is through strategies that combine sanitation and exclusion with targeted treatments when necessary.
Still, given their resilience and potential health risks, we recommend getting help from the pros immediately. Call us today to learn the safest and most effective cockroach pest control approaches to address infestations with long-term results.
Jim is a professional! He was on time, efficient and had great communication throughout the process. The pricing was very straight forward and fair. I would highly recommend Advantage Pest Management, Inc., for your home or business.