The Easiest Way To Keep Cockroaches Out Of Your Denver Residence
November 05, 2022 - Cockroaches
Denver pest control can be an integral part of keeping cockroaches out of your home. And this is no small feat. Cockroaches are as invasive as they are dangerous and are common in Denver. Keep your home and family safe from cockroaches with help from Advantage Pest Management, beginning with this guide about the types of home invading cockroaches in Denver, the dangers of having cockroaches in your home, why it's so hard to get rid of cockroaches, and the best way to keep them out of your house.
The Types Of Cockroaches That Invade Denver Homes
The three most common cockroaches in Denver to invade homes are as follows:
- German Cockroaches: The most common type of home-invading cockroach, German cockroaches are small at just over half an inch in length, but what they lack in size they make up for in numbers. These roaches are tan to light brown with dark parallel stripes behind their heads.
- American Cockroaches: In contrast, American cockroaches are the largest type of roach in Denver. They can grow over two inches in length and have mahogany-brown coloring with a yellowish figure eight shape behind their heads.
- Oriental Cockroaches: These roaches are average-sized at around one inch in length and are dark brown to black with a glossy sheen. Oriental cockroaches in Denver are sometimes mistaken for beetles but are far more dangerous.
While each of these cockroaches has unique behaviors and risks, they are all dangerous to have in your home.
Are Cockroaches Dangerous To Have Inside Your Homes
Cockroaches don't bite or sting, and they are not a major threat to your home. However, they are dangerous pests to have in your home. Cockroaches seek out decaying organic matter, which means they spend a lot of time in unsanitary places such as sewage and garbage. When they enter your home, these insects carry pathogens from these places into your home.
Cockroaches are responsible for the spread of 33 different types of bacteria, six parasitic worms, and seven other human pathogens, making them an extreme threat to the health and safety of those in your home. In addition to these health risks, cockroaches also have protein in their saliva, shed exoskeletons, and feces that cause allergies and asthma in many individuals.
Why Can't I Get Rid Of Cockroaches In My Home?
So the question becomes how to get rid of cockroaches in your Denver home. Unfortunately, there's no quick and easy solution to this query. Cockroaches are extremely hardy pests that can survive a variety of hardships. They can go without food and water for extended periods of time, survive crushing weight, varying temperatures, and limited air supply. Additionally, they can flatten their bodies to hide in the smallest of cracks and are resistant to many pesticides. The best solution to keep cockroaches away is to partner with the professionals at Advantage Pest Management. We can work with you to eliminate existing infestations and develop a plan for preventing future problems. Interested in finding out more? Request your free quote today.
Effective & Safe Cockroach Control For Denver Homes
Aside from professional solutions, the best way to keep cockroaches out of your house is to take steps to prevent them from entering in the first place. You can do this by minimizing the factors that attract them and eliminating entry points into your home. Try the following tips:
- Keep food (including pet food) stored in sealed containers and cover trash cans.
- Eliminate excess moisture by fixing leaks and maintaining drainage.
- Seal cracks and crevices in your exterior walls and foundation.
- Install weatherstripping and door sweeps.
To learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Denver, reach out to the experts at Advantage Pest Management.
Jim is GREAT! He is always is quick to reply and always gets the job done right the first time, 5 stars all the way!