Roaches are able to invade and hide very well within homes and at first sight of a roach, a professional service should come out to treat. Roaches can carry various disease organisms, but have not been associated with any major outbreaks in the U.S. The insect also produces a repulsive odor that can affect food and people with allergies when they inhale dust.
PREVENTION & SANITATION
To help prevent cockroaches from invading your home, you can take several simple measures listed below. By following these guidelines, you can reduce
the risk of a cockroach infestation dramatically.
- Eliminate hiding places for cockroaches such as caulk cracks and crevices
in dark, moist places (behind cupboards, under sinks, and other moist places)
- Inspect items brought into a building
- Make plumbing repairs
- Eliminate as much standing water as possible
- Keep counters and dishes clear of any food debris
- Avoid storing unnecessary paper, plastic bags, and other potential hiding spots